DC Watch Home
Council Period 12
Council Period 13
|Chairman Linda W. Cropp at the request of the
A PROPOSED RESOLUTION IN THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
To confirm the reappointment of Mr. Daniel H. Wedderburn to the Commission on Human
RESOLVED, BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this resolution may be cited
as the "Commission on Human Rights Daniel H. Wedderburn Confirmation Resolution of
Sec. 2. The Council of the District of Columbia confirms the reappointment of:
Mr. Daniel H. Wedderburn
3539 T Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007
as a member of the Commission on Human Rights, established by Commissioner's Order
71224, dated July 8, 1971, and in accordance with section 2(e)(8) of the Confirmation Act
of 1978, effective March 3, 1979 (D.C. Law 2-142; D.C. Code § 1-633.7(e)(8)), for a term
to end December 31, 2003.
Sec. 3. The Council of the District of Columbia shall transmit a copy of this
resolution, upon its adoption, each to the nominee and to the Office of the Mayor.
Sec. 4. This resolution shall take effect immediately.
Back to top of page
DANIEL H. WEDDERBURN
3539 T Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Hearing Examiner - DC Public Service Commission, January 1999-January 2000
- Conducted hearings to resolve community complaints about public pay telephones.
- Revised regulations for pay telephone owners to conform with the Telecommunications Act.
Owner, Manager - Real Estate Company, 1992-present
- Own and manage successful real estate business.
Economist - Department of the Interior, 1982-1992
- Developed policies and programs for natural resources on public lands.
- Oversaw management of the Federal coal program.
- Planned and coordinated development of energy-related environmental contracted research.
- Conducted economic impact analyses of potential oil development in Arctic Wildlife
- Developed annual budgets, analyzed legislative proposals and prepared reports to
Office Director, Program Analysis Officer - Department of Energy & Federal Energy
- Executive Director of $30 million financial assistance program for alternative fuels.
- Developed energy conservation policies and programs.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of conservation programs.
- Directed Departmental task forces on major energy issues.
- Prepared Congressional reports and testimony for hearings.
Contracts Manager, Program Analyst - Occupational Safety and Health Administration,
- Managed development, implementation and review of all agency contracts.
- Developed policies, plans, programs to achieve compliance with safety and health
- Directed studies to determine the economic impact of proposed health standards.
- Computer Equipment Analyst, Economist - Internal Revenue Service 1967-1971
- Determined computer needs, conducted economic analyses and prepared statistical reports.
- Treasurer, Ward 2 Democrats 1999-present
- Chair, DC Consumer Utility Board 1989-1992
- Commissioner, DC Human Rights Commission 1997-present
- Chair and Commissioner, DC Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1985-1988
- Board of Directors, Jelleff Boys and Girls Club 1993-present
- M.A., Legislative Affairs, George Washington University
- B.A., History, University of Maryland
- 27 Graduate Credits, Economics, University of Maryland