DC Watch Home
Council Period 12
Council Period 13
Linda W. Cropp at the request of the Mayor
A PROPOSED RESOLUTION IN THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
To confirm the appointment of Mr. Johnny A.
Yataco to the District of Columbia Taxicab Commission.
RESOLVED, BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF
COLUMBIA, That this resolution may be cited as the "District of Columbia Taxicab
Commission Johnny A. Yataco Confirmation Resolution of 2000".
Sec. 2. The Council of the District of
Columbia confirms the appointment of
Mr. Johnny A. Yataco
2950 Van Ness Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20008
as a industry member of the District of
Columbia Taxicab Commission, established by section 5 of the District of Columbia Taxicab
Commission Establishment Act of 1985, effective March 25, 1986 (D.C. Law 6-97; D.C. Code
§40-1704), replacing Elaine K. Bowman, whose term will end May 4, 1999, for a term to end
May 4, 2004.
Sec. 3. The Council of the District of
Columbia shall transmit a copy of this resolution, upon its adoption, each to the nominee
and to the Office of the Mayor.
Sec. 4. This resolution shall take effect
JOHNNY A. YATACO
2950 Van Ness Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20008
W. (202) 667-8820; H. (202) 363-3043
Washington Hispanic, Inc., President and
Publisher, Washington, D.C., 1994- present
- Founded the Washington Hispanic to provide
professional journalistic news coverage to the local hispanic community.
- Manage a sales team of six, whose sales have
increased by 60 percent in the last three years.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Represent the publication in conferences
- Organize public relations events for kcal
conferences and festivals.
El Tiempo Latino, Sales Manager, Washington,
- Managed a sales team of five.
- Responsible for developing marketing strategies
to attract new advertisers to the newspaper.
- Spokesman for El Tiempo Latino in conferences
and meetings nationwide.
El Diario de la Nacion, Sales Director,
Washington, D.C., 1991-1992
- Responsible for developing a niche for this new
Spanish-language newspaper in the D.C. Metropolitan area.
Press Secretary of the Government Palace,
Photographer, Lima, Peru, 1987-1988
- Cover official activities and special events
for the President of Peru.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
D.C. Lottery, Publications Work, Washington,
- Edit, translate and design brochures.
McDonald's Corp., Publications Work,
- · Edit and translate commercials for radio and
- Latino Economic Development Corporation, Board
- Bell Multicultural High School, Amigos
Corporate Advisory Council
- Commission on Latino Community Development of
the District of Columbia, Commissioner
- Member of the RMHC/HACER Scholarship Selection
- Mt Pleasant YMCA Branch, Financial Development
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
SANZ SCHOOL, Washington, D.C.,1989-1990
- English as a Second Language
MELITON CARBAJAL COLLEGE, Peru, 1978-1983
- Dialogue On Diversity
- Younger publisher of the region
- Recognized as an individual of exceptional
ability and in the National Interest by the US Department of Justice
- Ranked number 63 in the April, 1998 issue of
the Hispanic Magazine "Entrepreneur 100"
- Received The Small Business of the Year Award
by The Ibero American Chamber of Commerce
- Received numerous letters from different
organizations and individuals recognizing the positive accomplishment for the Hispanic
- Thomas Elliott; 202-429-1726, Elliott &
Mayok Law Offices
- Janet Farrell; 202-857-0738, First National
Bank of Maryland