Linda W. Cropp at the request of the Mayor
PROPOSED RESOLUTION IN THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
approve, on an emergency basis, the salary adjustment submitted by the
Mayor for the position of Chief of the Metropolitan Police Department.
BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this resolution may be
cited as the "Chief of the Metropolitan Police Department
Compensation System Changes Emergency Approval Resolution of 2003".
2. The Council of the District of Columbia approves, in accordance with
section 1052 of the District of Columbia Government Comprehensive Merit
Personnel Act of 1978, effective March 3, 1979 (D.C. Law 2-139; D.C.
Official Code §1-610.52), the proposed compensation system changes
recommended by the Mayor for the Class 11 Police Service Salary Schedule
currently in effect.
3. The compensation system change approved in section 2 provides as
OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS SCHEDULE: APRIL 21, 2003
||Basic Annual Salary
4. The compensation system change delineated in section 3 shall become
effective on April 21, 2003.
5. Fiscal impact statement.
Council adopts the attached fiscal impact statement of the Chief Financial
Officer as the fiscal impact statement required by section 602(c)(3) of
the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (87
Stat. 813; D.C. Official Code §1-206.02(c)(3)).
6. The Secretary to the Council shall transmit a copy of this resolution,
upon its adoption, to the Mayor.
7. This resolution shall take effect immediately.