home Archives home
Back to Board of Education main
Vote November 3 for
Mary E. Cox
Board of Education
An activist attorney and educational
consultant whose community commitment and voice makes her a proven leader.
Mary Cox will ...
- Support innovative policies designed to elevate and keep D.C. Public
Schools in the forefront of schools in the nation.
- Promote parental involvement throughout the student's educational
- Support classes of twenty students and truancy prevention.
- Promote using schools for community affairs during evening hours.
- Support site-based management and teacher methods of learning.
- Promote immediate school renovations.
- Support innovative ways to prepare students for a technological,
multicultural, African centered and global society.
- Parental commitment and involvement
- In school psychosocial services
- School readiness
Mary Cox is the candidate who is ...
- An experienced community leader and certified substitute teacher in
DC public schools 1989-1996
- An attorney who has fought for student rights and freedom for 27
- Received a Bachelors Degree in 1970 from San Diego State
- Received a Masters Degree in Student Personnel Guidance and
Counseling from Montclair State University, NJ. 1972
- Received a Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of
Law, San Diego, CA 1978
- Worked as an administrator for six years at two universities,
Montclair State, and University of San Diego in La Jolla, CA
Vote! Vote! Vote! for Mary E. Cox
Children First November 3rd
Better Schools Make Better Communities
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Mary E. Cox,
Michael Bell, treasurer.
Labor and printing donated
Send mail with questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site copyright ©DCWatch (ISSN 1546-4296)